The DJI Pro RUMOURED, Adobe’s Acquisition of Frame and MORE! — Photo & Tech News #1!
Hello my friends on Medium! Today I have the first episode in a new ongoing Medium series! This series will give you a weekly update to what has happened in the Photo & Tech world! In this post, I am covering the top stories from 8/20 — 8/27/2021! If you click on the text, it will take you to full articles about each topic!
- To start off, let’s here about this Adobe Acquisition! Adobe bought Frame.io for $1.275 BILLION!
- Rumours are saying that the upcoming Pixel 6 will support 33w charging, despite not having a charger in the box. This will help Google compete more with Samsung and OnePlus’s crazy fast chargers!
- To my Raspberry Pi fans out there, the Raspberry Pi 4 got a driver update to improve the 4k output from the device!
- T-Mobile has a worsening data breach involving 100 MILLION users, but the new news is that over 7 million people have unsubscribed from T-Mobile.
- If you wanted a Pixel 4a5g or Pixel 5, your time is very limited. Although I just checked and the phones were still in stock, Google says that they will be no new stock coming so once it sells out, then it will only be a matter of time before other retailers do too.
- The Sony A7 IV is delayed until October due to the ongoing chip shortage crisis.
- The Google Health division is shutting down after the senior VP of the division left. This certainly isn’t the end of Google’s Health research, but it seems the overall division is folding and employees will be moved to smaller health research divisions and the Fitbit and Google Fit division.
- According to Toms Guide, the chip shortage may be its way to an end. China has been outputting record numbers of chips and that has caused tons of devices to finally restock in some capacity! Sadly, there are a lot of conflicting opinions on this, with some believing it is only just the beginning. We can only hope that the end is in sight.
- Davinci Resolve has a performance update for M1 iMacs and Macbooks that should give 30% faster speeds than before! They also state that rendering could be improved up to 65%!!
- A new Windows 11 feature is in testing to help users focus on work! Windows Latest has a hands-on test of the new feature!
- Google Maps is rolling out a feature from Waze that will finally show you the cost of tolls along toll roads!
- Google is reportedly in major trouble over the Google Pay revamp. The issue is that users didn’t flock to the whole new app like Google expected people to do. There are plenty of compelling new features in the new app and Google would have thought that would be popular. The issue has caused Google to lose half their employees and numerous executives! Google Pay had dropped to a staggering 3% market share in the virtual pay business with Apple at a shocking 92%!
- Google is wildly improving auto-rotate on Android! Even though select phones had gained this feature from the company, this will be coming to Android as a default. This feature uses the cameras on the phone to see your face and position the screen rotation based on your face. This will be a wild feature for those times when you are using your phone in different positions!
- The Xiaomi Mi brand is gone. A spokesperson said that phones will now use the Xiaomi name instead of the abbreviated Mi name.
- The One-Plus buds Pro are out to take on AirPods by copying them in way to many ways!
- Rare photos of the queen using a camera were released for World Photography Day 2021! It is super cool to see these photos and extremely cool to have them be released to the public!
- Google is working on a Chrome feature to save tab groups! This will continue to improve the incredible tab groups feature for us all!
- A small update came to Google Meet and you will now receive warning when your mic is picking up echo on a call! This is one of those quality-of-life improvements that we need so that we know if the sound quality isn’t to good on a call!
- Images of the DJI Pro were leaked as it was spotted in use by a early user! This hints at a release very soon and this camera looks extremely compelling!
- Olympus is doing the total opposite of Xiaomi and is shortening camera names! This is something that helps a lot with marketing!
- Groovy is being discontinued!!! 😭 Google says that this Discord bot is defying YouTube terms of service since it uses YouTube to play music. I personally love using this bot and will be sad to see it go at the end of August.
- OpenShot got an update, bringing some new AI features and Effects for your videos!
- Back to Discord briefly since Discord has grown to a staggering value of $15 BILLION showing that despite Microsoft really wanting to buy Discord, the company is just fine as an independent for now!
- The Fitbit app will now show when you should work out vs when you should rest!
- Nikon has discontinued certain camera parts due to worldwide shortages on parts!
- The EOS R3 may release on the 14th of September!
- A new anticipated Chrome OS feature is coming for Chrome OS users!
Thank you so much for checking out this weeks news! I’ll be back soon with some more news so if you don’t want to miss this, follow me here for that and more! You can also follow my newsletter for some other cool stuff!
Have a great week!
-Digital Wonders & Smiles